Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Post Work Workout With My Wife

The re-freeze overnight kept me from attending my morning class, which was I didn't mind for several reasons:


1. It was a muscle class, which I am not too fond of in the least.

2. My wife had asked me to go to the gym with her in the evening, so I was already thinking about doing a double workout, which wasn't a good idea considering the miss days due to snow.

3. I woke up with a headache that was either caused by my sinus problems stemming from a broken nose I received playing racquet ball a few years ago, or it was rooted in my dream form last night, which was a figure skating. I HATE figure skating. In fact, I dislike it so much that I feel violated that any thoughts of figure skating penetrated my subconscious and caused me to dream about figure skating.

In my book, the origins of my headache are a tossup. What is important is that I made a good choice and went to the gym today at 5:30pm with my wife sans headache. However, a few things about my wife:

1. Even though she is supportive of my gym efforts, she is NOT a gym freak like me.

2. She is in pretty good shape and is just trying to maintain her weight and level of fitness.

3. She is on her feet all day at work, and I am not,

4. Her workout are over much faster than mine.

5. She will NOT workout with me. We ride in the car together, but once we go into the locker rooms, we pretty much go our separate ways.

Knowing that my wife would be ready to leave in or under 60 mins. I decided that today’s work out would be down and dirty. No Locker 29 today.  The place was slammed, so I had to take what I could get, so setteled into No. 18 and decided that I really wanted to push myself and see just what could do in a short amount of time.

Today's workout:

5 burpees
10 step ups (each leg)
10 push ups
20 vertical hip thrusts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsjKNY_T2-4&feature=PlayList&p=939A09800D2C5DBB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=76
25 bicycles
10 one legged raises (each leg) **sit on a chair, or a bench and try to stand up using only one leg.**
20 Prisoner Squats
6 flights of stairs (up & down)
5 assisted chin-ups

I did this three times in about 40 min. and was gassed.  When I finished this workout my eyes were totally bloodshot.  I looked like a stoner at 4:20 am on april 20th.  I couldn't tell if this was from the strian or because I had gotten sweat in my eyes, either one was possible.  Despite the red eyes, which quickly passed, this was a really good workout that produced a great sweat but didn't destroy me for tomorrow, which is good because tomorrows morning class is the most punishing classes one of the more challenging classes at the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment