Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday's Plycore & Admitting to (a minor) Injury

  Today's Workout:


Jumping Jacks 1 min.
7 Burpees
34 Wall Crunches: lay down on you back, butt and legs pressed flat against the wall, lift your arms straight in the air with 8lbs. weights and bend at the waist.
33 Wall Crunches: lay down on you back, butt and legs pressed flat against the wall, lift your arms at an angel towards your knees and bend at the waist until you touch the wall.
33 Wall Crunches: lay down on you back, butt and legs pressed flat against the wall, extend your arms towards your hips and bend at the waist until you touch the wall
5 Squat Thrusts
10 push ups
6 flights of stairs (up & down)
2 labs around the track
10 box jumps

I did this three times and started the fourth round in 35 mins.

I really enjoyed this workout, but afterward I was forced to admit that the crick in my neck is more serious than I thought. I think that I have a pulled or strained muscle in my neck, upper shoulder, and back. Honestly, I never thought that it was anything other than stiffness from sleeping wrong, but today the discomfort is far less localized and more in my shoulder and upper back, so I am pretty certain that I have a pull. luckily, tomorrow's class selection is not that good, so I will take the morning off and exercise in the afternoon if I am pain free. However, if I am still sore tomorrow, then I will skip Friday and wait until later in Saturday afternoon in order to give myself some rest.

This type of injury is a dangerous one for me because I can currently still able to workout, but I know that if I do not get the proper rest, the injury will take forever to heal. I have taken some anti-inflamitories, and I will continue with the muscle cream, but I am worried that the discomfort will continue into the weekend or longer. I have also looked up some stretches that I hope will help as well, and if things get worse I will be putting a call into my cousin, who is a physical therapist.  The key thing that I need to remember is that this injury is only temporary.  I need to stay focused and stay to whatever plans I make to deal with the injury because I will never meet my goals if I act impulsively and hurt myself more.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment