Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Morning Workout: Hybrid Intervals


I woke up today with no problem and was pretty eager to go to the gym. However, I really had no idea what I was going to do today. Jumping rope was not really an option because I've been putting a lot of stress on my shins and the balls of my feet. I also knew that I didn't want to take the muscle class offered by the Y, so when I arrived at the gym, I decided to do one more day of interval training. I really enjoyed my interval run yesterday, so I decided to do another interval run. After that, I decided that I would pick 15 exercises each for one minute without keeping count, and then repeat the exercise again for a set number of reps. I really like the idea of doing one round of timed exercise followed by another round of with a set number of reps. I think that this combined approach will produce some nice results because it will help me to focus some more attention to some of the exercises that I cannot do that many of during the timed round.

Today's Workout:

Interval Run: 15 rounds, 40 seconds of running & 10 seconds of jogging.

15 Exercises:
Round One: 1 minute with 15 seconds rest between exercise
Round Two: 25 Reps each exercises

Crossover Crunch Left
Crossover Crunch Right
Standard Crunch
Arm Extensions
Prisoner Squats with leg ups
Bird Dogs
Fire Hydrants w/ leg extension
Seated Crunch
Russian Twists w/ 8lbs. Ball
Heel Raises
Alternating Lunges
Squats
Standing Side Leg Lift Right
Standing Side Leg Lift Left
Dips

I really enjoyed this type of workout, and I think that it will become a staple of my regiment. It might be difficult to include Burpees in this at 25 reps, but I am interested to see if I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment