Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thursday Sports Conditioning Class 5:30 am to 6:15 am: The Big Ball of Hate

I normally take Plyometric Core (Plycore) classes on Monday and Thursday, which are taught by Dan. His classes are really tough, but a filled with lots of exercise that I both enjoy and with which I am familiar. However, Thursday morning’s class was a Sports Conditioning Class that was taught by Kim. I hate Kim! I hate in the best possible there is to hate another human being, but I hate her! She knows this because I've told her. Her class angers me: it angers me in the best possible way there is to be angered, but it does anger me!


Her class is very difficult because even though she uses a lot of the same exercises as Dan, she makes some changes to them that are like none of the other classes that I have taken at the Y. My body is just not accustomed to doing those exercises. Also, Kim is a fill in instructor, so I am not asking my body is not given the chance to get use to her style of exercise. The biggest difference between these two instructors is that Dan's class requires a lot more running while Kim's require more crawling and jumping.

The Workout (highlights):

The warm up from hell:
25 squatjacks
15 push ups
25 squatjacks
15 push ups
15 squat thrusts
10 ski mobiles
15 squat thrusts
10 ski mobiles with some kind of crazy butt kick at the end that nearly caused my collar bone to shatter!

The Routine:
10 burpees
4 flights of stairs with 8lbs weights (up & down)
once around the track with weights
10 burpees
4 flights of stairs with 8lbs weights (up & down)
once around the track with weights
up two flights of stairs & sprint around the track twice (the track is 1/15 of a mile) and down the stairs
walking lunges around the class room twice
Inchworm crawl back & forth across the room http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-HHgxXTqg&feature=related
walking lunges around the class room twice (repeat)
Inchworm crawl back & forth across the room (repeat)
15 mins of abs exercises with 6 lbs weight

(I was unable to complete my second round of abs exercises in the 45 mins of class and had to finish after class on my own.)

This class left me feeling really winded and battered. My shoulders were really hurting, but I am looking forward to Kim next class.  I try to think of this class like is a ball, not the spherical sort ball, but the formal dance sort of ball.  Only this is my own personal festival of anger and hate.  Everything has been planned out just to piss me off (in a good way) and make me push myself in order to spite the events planners.  Maybe I'm a loon, but as long as it gets me throught the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment